The retail network extends to 99 centres and growing.
The retail network stretches from Penrith in the North to Plymouth in the South and from Ipswich in the East to the far West in Haverfordwest. The network operates predominantly under the Protyre brand name, however it has grown to the current 99 centres through the acquisition of well known local garage & fast fit centres, in addition to greenfield opportunities. The Protyre goal is to provide an exceptional level of customer service in all the retail centres.
While predominantly a fast fit tyre provider, for the general public, the retail network also offers a range of mechanical services and is building towards being a one stop shop for the retail motorist. The network also provides and fits commercial tyres and agricultural tyres.
Products and Services
Car, Van & 4x4 Tyres
Protyre offers a complete range of tyres for all makes and models of cars, vans and 4x4. Fitting and selling tyres at 3 levels, Premium, Quality and Economy to fit the requirements of all motorists. Retail centre staff are trained to offer customers the tyres that best suit their driving requirements and their individual needs. Specialists deal with 4x4 and SUV tyres in each centre ensuring the best possible advice for all customers. All leading tyre brands are available including Michelin, Bridgestone, Pirelli, Continental, Goodyear/Dunlop and the key Micheldever House brands Falken, Sumitomo and GT Radial.
Protyre is the largest fit to bike motorcycle tyre retailer in the UK. Motorcycle specialists, most of whom are bike riders, are available in 33 key centres. The fit to bike offer is widely welcomed amongst motorcycle riders. All key motorcycle tyre brands are sold including Pirelli, Metzler, Bridgestone, Dunlop and Michelin.
Alignments, Tyre Pressure Monitoring and Nitrogen Tyre Filling
As tyres have become more technical the company has extended its tyre offering beyond selling, fitting and balancing tyres. All of the companies network offer wheel alignment using state of the art laser technology. Centres have also been equipped to deal with the latest tyre pressure monitoring systems allowing for the safe replacement of tyres on vehicles which have been fitted with these systems. As the importance of ensuring that tyres have the correct tyre pressures has grown many centres have been equipped with state of the art nitrogen tyre filling technology.
Brakes, Exhausts and Batteries
Brakes, exhausts and batteries have traditionally been seen as service offerings from fast fit centres. These services are available from all centres
Mobile Tyre Fitting
Mobile tyre fitting vans are available at 47 centres to visit customers homes and work places and are often called out to replace tyres at the sides of roads. Mobile tyre fitters have all been trained to fit tyres at the roadside.
Servicing, Mechanical Repairs and MOTs
The need to provide customers with a one stop shop has meant that many centres have had additional services added to their existing portfolios.
72 Protyre centres offer customers great value MOTs. Protyre carries out over 135,000 MOTs a year in the UK.
The internal programme of MOT investment, which started in 2014, will continue to grow and develop the number of centres that offer an MOT service.
The retail network has built its ethos on 4 pillars:
- Expertise – Over 1 million tyres fitted per year. A trusted partner for premium manufacturers Pirelli, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Michelin, Continental and Dunlop. The official tyre fitting partner for many UK motorsport series and the global partner for Formula E.
- Trust – customer service is measured through a range of tools, most importantly through Net Promoter where the network has a world class NPS average score of 84.5. We have a 5 star rating from independent online review company Feefo and have been awarded 'Gold Trusted Merchant' status.
- Value – the best price guarantee ensures that if a customer produces a written price quotation that is a cheaper price, we will match that quoted price. We provide the best availability and offer same day fitting to keep our customers safe on the road.
- Care – TyreSafe retailer of the year highlights our commitment to customer safety and care. Bristol City Council are the primary health and safety authority for Protyre and we're Foxy Lady and Trading Standards approved.
4x4 Centres: All Protyre centres are accredited 4x4 Centres and offer a specialist service and advice for 4x4 drivers.
Michelin Certified Centres: All centres are part of the Michelin Certified Centre network.
Michelin Motorsport Pros: Michelin's official motorsport fitting partner in the UK and for the global Formula E series.
Pirelli Performance Centres: 33 Centres are accredited Pirelli Performance Centres
Bridgestone Gold Centres: 4 Centres have been recognised as Bridgestone Gold Centres
Motor Industry Codes of Practice: All centres are members of the Motor Industry Codes of Practice (MICOP)
Foxy Choice: Protyre has been acknowledged as being female friendly by the Foxy Choice Women Drivers Network.
The Protyre Retail Network has been recognised in 2014, 2015 and 2016 by TyreSafe, the industry body for Tyre Safety, and in 3 consecutive years have won the Retailer of the Year Award. The network has also been recongised in the Training Journal Awards 2013 as winners of the Best Coaching and Best Customer Service Awards.
Protyre Motorsport is the biggest trackside service provider in Europe. Protyre Motorsport services the following championships:
- Formula E (Global Championship)
- Dutch SuperCar Series
- Porsche Carrera Cup
- Porsche Club
- Michelin Ginetta Supercup
- Ginetta Juniors
- Protyre Ginetta GT5 Challenge
- Protyre Formula Renault & Renault Clio Series
- British GT
- MSV Formula 4
The services provided include:
- Fully equipped & mobile tyre fitting workshops. (Available on race & track days).
- Overnight UK delivery
- Special rates for affiliate partners
- Specialist rally tyres
- Ultra-high performance tyres for road and track
- The largest stock in Britai